Morning report: 12.31.20 | Above the regulation
* An appeals court disagreed on whether a lawyer should take a break for failing to meet a COVID-19 filing deadline. The judges who don’t give this lawyer a break are real “lawyers” … [Texas Lawyer]
* A West Virginia attorney was disfellowshipped for trying to swap sex to handle a stripper’s divorce case. [Bluefield Daily Telegraph]
* Manhattan District Attorney reportedly hires forensic accountants as criminal investigation into President Trump’s activities deepens. [Washington Post]
* A new lawsuit alleges that a black man was misidentified and detained using facial recognition technology. [NBC News]
* The Space Force is delaying a $ 12 billion deal after a court found a contractor may have committed fraudulent behavior. Steve Carrell must stand behind this conscientious step … [Hill]
Jordan Rothman is a partner at Rothman Law Firm, a full-service law firm in New York and New Jersey. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website that discusses how he paid off his student loan. You can contact Jordan by email at email@example.com.