Morning Docket: 01/27/21 | Above the legislation
* Jeff Bezos is seeking legal fees of $ 1.7 million to defend a failed defamation suit brought against him by his girlfriend’s brother. That’s probably pocket money for a man like Bezos … [New York Post]
* A compensation lawsuit against President Trump was dismissed as in dispute. [New York Times]
* President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani has been temporarily suspended from a YouTube affiliate program. [Jerusalem Post]
* Nicholas Sandmann, the teen who went viral in a 2019 protest over a confrontation and then sued a range of media outlets, fired his attorney over pro-Trump tweets from his attorney. [Herald Leader]
* A lawyer who allegedly hit another lawyer in the head with a can of Lysol last year has received his sentence. Maybe he was trying to prevent COVID? [Courier Journal]
Jordan Rothman is a partner at Rothman Law Firm, a full-service law firm in New York and New Jersey. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website that discusses how he paid off his student loan. You can contact Jordan by email at email@example.com.