Monday abstract – SCOTUSblog
Posted on Monday December 14th, 2020 at 7:00 am by James Romoser
After the Supreme Court delivered the first four tenure statements on disputes last Thursday, all of which were unanimous, it will be able to deliver additional statements on Monday at 10 a.m. EST. A list of all cases that have been discussed in this term so far can be found here. Before the expected publication of the opinion, the court will publish orders from the private conference on Friday at 9:30 a.m.
Here is a recap of other Supreme Court news and commentary from across the web:
- The Supreme Court unanimously rejects the Texas case and puts an end to ridiculous but dangerous legal battles. What’s next? (Rick Hasen, Blog on Suffrage)
- Supreme Court closes suit door in Texas to overthrow elections (Nina Totenberg & Barbara Sprunt, NPR)
- The Supreme Court’s clear message to President Trump: Stop (Joan Biskupic, CNN)
- The Supreme Court refuses to hear the Trump-backed Texas case over election results in four other states (Tyler Olson, Bill Mears, Michael Ruiz and Shannon Bream, Fox News).
- Supreme Court disdains partiality in Trump election process (Greg Stohr, Bloomberg)
- Liberals had the right to fear Supreme Court electoral intervention (Jay Willis, The Atlantic)
- Supreme Court Unanimously Denies Emergency Aid In Texas And Refuses To Apply For Filing Permission (Updated) (Jonathan Adler, The Volokh Conspiracy)
- A final loss to Trump at the Supreme Court (Kenneth Jost, Jost on Justice)
- Wild Week: The Supreme Court tells the SC that other Republicans can’t undo Biden’s win (John Monk, The State).
- A legal war, a Biden victory: what’s next for a marine monument? (Pamela King, E&E News)
We rely on our readers to send us links for our summary. If you have or know of a recent Supreme Court article, post, podcast, or commentary published in the last two or three days that we should consider for inclusion, please send it to roundup @ scotusblog .com. Many Thanks!
James Romoser, Monday Summary,
SCOTUSblog (December 14, 2020, 7:00 a.m.), https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/12/monday-round-up-513/